Furnaces are gas combustion appliances that require routine maintenance in order to safely provide reliable comfort and efficiency for your home.
At SmartHouse we offer a very thorough Precision Tune-Up that includes a careful diagnostic review of your system along with preventive maintenance and performance testing.
- Here’s what we do:
- Check thermostat
- Charged batteries
- Cycle settings and operating condition
- Check unit conditions:
- Check for proper voltage and amperage draw
- Inspect for signs of water damage, rust and age
- Clean and check pilot light assembly
- Inspect plenum for excessive rust, holes, proper sealing to furnace and ductwork
- Inspect air filter
- Clean external surfaces
- Check ductwork condition
- Check condition of blower and motor:
- Look for signs of wear
- Make sure blower is working to capacity
- Lubricate motor and blower bearings
- Inspect belt condition and tension
- Pull burners and heat exchanger; test operation and safety:
- Inspect heat exchanger for cracks or air disturbance
- Inspect and vacuum heat exchanger
- Inspect and clean burner assembly
- Set burner for high efficiency
- Inspect flue pipe for safety; check for any holes or blockages to verify draft
- Check gas pressure on furnace; adjust for efficiency
- Inspect all safety controls
- Check heat anticipator circuitry
- Check gas valve operation
- Clean and inspect combustion chamber (as needed)
Plus, we maintain a detailed record of your system including its baseline performance. That way, should troubleshooting or replacement become necessary in the future, we are in a better position to quickly provide service and useful information.
Count on a precision tune-up from SmartHouse to provide comfort and energy efficiency all year long.
Call SmartHouse for immediate service today!