Heating Myths: Fact or Fiction
March 4, 2021
- Looking to save money on heating bills? Don’t fall for “DIY hacks” that don’t actually work.
- The whole home experts at SmartHouse hear heating myths all the time. Here are just a few we can definitively debunk.
- Myth: Ductless mini splits don’t work well in cold weather.
- The truth: Mitsubishi mini splits operate at 100% capacity in weather as cold as -5°F!
- Myth: The higher you turn up your thermostat, the faster your home will heat up.
- The truth: Your home heats up at the same pace, no matter what temp you set it to. Upgrade to a smart thermostat for real savings.
- Myth: Heating system tune-ups are a waste of money if your heating is working fine.
- The truth: Regular maintenance helps you catch small issues before they turn into costly and inconvenient heating emergencies.
- Trust your home with the St. Louis HVAC experts—one of our specialities is helping you save.