Furnace Installation in St. Louis
Furnace installation in St. Louis. As the weather gets colder and winter in Missouri begins to set in, making sure your home heating system is functioning properly and as efficiently as possible is as important as ever. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the St. Louis area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency and offer service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you are ready for a new furnace installation in St. Louis or are wondering whether a new furnace is necessary for your home or property, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.
How do I know if I need a new furnace in St. Louis?
A lot of the requests we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While SmartHouse offers 24/7 emergency service in the St. Louis County and Greater St. Louis area, we always recommend keeping an eye on your furnace to prevent costly repairs, protect against dangerous cold weather emergencies, and keep you and your loved ones comfortable all winter. It may be time for you to speak to a home comfort technician about replacing your current furnace if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is about 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing theirs every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair will return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep up with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees below your thermostat setting, there may be something wrong with your furnace.
- Loud operation — You’ve probably gotten used to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. But if you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A healthy furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, it may be time to invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, the furnace probably needs to be replaced.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. Louis heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan, and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in St. Louis
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s St. Louis furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s important to be well-informed before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to keep in mind when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — Each home requires a different size furnace. If the furnace is too big, it will start and stop too much, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what percentage of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces must be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but typically improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full-power and low-power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set speeds and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is off.
- Manufacturer — As with cars, baseball gloves, or anything else you want to get consistent, long-term use out of, the product itself is of utmost importance. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s best for your St. Louis home.
Our St. Louis heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. Louis
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace specialists in the St. Louis area to choose from. Our expertise and integrity have made us the “go-to” choice for many St. Louis homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also offer a variety of alternative heating options and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on cost and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. Louis
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and enjoy each other’s company; you shouldn’t have to shiver under covers or in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the St. Louis area’s preferred heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in St. Louis, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.