Furnace Installation in Chesterfield, MO
Furnace installation in Chesterfield, MO. There are few things worse for home comfort than the weather getting colder and realizing your heating system isn’t functioning properly. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for Chesterfield homeowners. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that is ethical, dependable, and done the right way. If you need a new furnace installation in Chesterfield, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Chesterfield, MO
A lot of the calls we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While SmartHouse does offer 24/7 emergency service in the Chesterfield area, we always suggest keeping an eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. Call a furnace installation technician in Chesterfield, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is about 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing theirs every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement can greatly increase how much you pay per month. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees away from your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’re probably accustomed to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice poor air quality, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Chesterfield, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Chesterfield, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in Chesterfield, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Chesterfield, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s still a good idea to read up on the topic before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to keep in mind when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is too big, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what percentage of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. While they’re less expensive, you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed speeds, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, cast-iron skillets, or anything else you you want to last a long time, the product itself is of utmost importance. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Chesterfield, MO house needs.
Our Chesterfield, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Chesterfield, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace experts in the Chesterfield area to choose from. Our expertise and ethics have made us the number one choice for many Chesterfield, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also offer numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
After your furnace installation, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Chesterfield, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Chesterfield area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Chesterfield, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.