Furnace Installation in Hazelwood, MO
Furnace installation in Hazelwood, MO. There are few things worse for home comfort than the cold months coming on and noticing your heating system is not up to the task. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Hazelwood area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Hazelwood, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Hazelwood, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While SmartHouse does take emergency calls in the Hazelwood area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. You might need a new furnace installation in Hazelwood, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last roughly 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing theirs every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair can get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning furnace should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees away from your thermostat setting, there is likely something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’ve probably gotten used to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working properly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps it at a stable humidity level. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your house has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Hazelwood, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Hazelwood, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Hazelwood, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Hazelwood, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s still a good idea to know what you’re getting into before proceeding with a new furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will start and stop too much, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can be used to improve air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, cell phones, or anything else you want to get years of use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your Hazelwood, MO home.
Our Hazelwood, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Hazelwood, MO
There’s a lot of HVAC and furnace experts in the Hazelwood area to choose from. Our knowledge and ethics have made us the #1 choice for many Hazelwood, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Hazelwood, MO
Your home needs to be a place to gather, eat, sleep and enjoy each other’s company; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Hazelwood area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Hazelwood, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.