Furnace Installation in Webster Groves, MO
Furnace installation in Webster Groves, MO. There aren’t many things worse for home comfort than the cold months coming on and realizing your heating system isn’t functioning properly. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Webster Groves area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Webster Groves, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Webster Groves, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While SmartHouse does offer 24/7 emergency service in the Webster Groves area, we always suggest keeping an eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. You might need a new furnace installation in Webster Groves, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last about 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep pace with an appropriate thermostat setting. If your home just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t functioning correctly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If some rooms are cold and others warm, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired every few months, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may need replacement.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your house has worsened, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Webster Groves, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Webster Groves, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Webster Groves, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Webster Groves, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s best to be well-informed before deciding on a furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will cycle too quickly, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what portion of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of cycles, they have dozens of settings to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — As with cars, quality headphones, or anything else you you want to last a long time, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Webster Groves, MO house needs.
Our Webster Groves, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Webster Groves, MO
There’s a lot of HVAC and furnace specialists in the Webster Groves area to choose from. Our knowledge and ethics have made us the number one choice for many Webster Groves, MO homeowners for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also offer a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on cost and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Webster Groves, MO
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and enjoy each other’s company; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the Webster Groves area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Webster Groves, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.