Furnace Installation in Central West End, MO
Furnace installation in Central West End, MO. There are few things worse for home comfort than the cold months coming on and noticing your heating system isn’t functioning properly. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in whole home performance in the Central West End area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that has both integrity and expertise. If you need a new furnace installation in Central West End, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Central West End, MO
Many the calls we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer 24-hour emergency service in the Central West End area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. You might need a new furnace installation in Central West End, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is approximately 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning furnace should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees below your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’re probably accustomed to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If some rooms are cold and others warm, something about your furnace is off.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your house has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice poor air quality, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Central West End, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Central West End, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in Central West End, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Central West End, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before deciding on a furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and your house will be unevenly heated. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what percentage of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces must be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of just two or three settings, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with cars, quality headphones, or anything else you intend to get consistent use out of, the product itself is of utmost importance. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Central West End, MO house needs.
Our Central West End, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Choice For Your Furnace Installation in Central West End, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace technicians in the Central West End area to choose from. Our expertise and integrity have made us the “go-to” choice for many Central West End, MO residents for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also offer numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on energy and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Central West End, MO
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to be comfortable. By using our nationally certified technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and never compromising our ethics, we’ve become one of the Central West End area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Central West End, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.