Furnace Installation in Fenton, MO
Furnace installation in Fenton, MO. There aren’t many things worse for home comfort than the weather getting colder and realizing your heating system isn’t functioning properly. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Fenton area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is ethical, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Fenton, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Fenton, MO
A lot of the requests we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do take emergency calls in the Fenton area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. You might need a new furnace installation in Fenton, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last approximately 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement can significantly increase how much you pay per month. While furnace repair will return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy furnace should be able to keep up with an appropriate thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- Loud operation — You’ve probably gotten used to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired every few months, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your house has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If the air quality is still poor after changing filters, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Fenton, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Fenton, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Fenton, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Fenton, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to consider when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will start and stop too much, and it will shut off before your whole house is heated. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will keep energy costs low and last longer.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. While they’re less expensive, you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed speeds, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, cell phones, or anything else you you want to last a long time, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Fenton, MO house needs.
Our Fenton, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Fenton, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace specialists that cater to Fenton, MO homeowners. Our expertise and ethics have made us the “go-to” choice for many Fenton, MO residents for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Fenton, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to be comfortable. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Fenton area’s preferred heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Fenton, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.