Furnace Installation in Crestwood, MO
Furnace installation in Crestwood, MO. There are few things worse for home comfort than the weather getting colder and realizing your heating system isn’t working. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Crestwood area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you need a new furnace installation in Crestwood, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Crestwood, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do take emergency calls in the Crestwood area, we always suggest monitoring your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. Signs that it’s time for a new furnace installation in Crestwood, MO include:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is roughly 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair will return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep up with a realistic thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees below your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- Loud operation — You’re probably accustomed to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A healthy furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If some rooms are cold and others warm, something about your furnace is off.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice poor air quality, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Crestwood, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Crestwood, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Crestwood, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Crestwood, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s important to be well-informed before deciding on a furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is too big, it will start and stop too much, and your house will be unevenly heated. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows how much of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of cycles, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer months.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, baseball gloves, or anything else you want to get long-term use out of, the product itself is of utmost importance. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Crestwood, MO house needs.
Our Crestwood, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Crestwood, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace specialists that cater to Crestwood, MO homeowners. Our knowledge and integrity have made us the “go-to” choice for many Crestwood, MO residents for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating options and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
After your furnace installation, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on energy and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Crestwood, MO
Your home needs to be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and never compromising our ethics, we’ve become one of the Crestwood area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Crestwood, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.