Furnace Installation in St. Louis Hills, MO
Furnace installation in St. Louis Hills, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for St. Louis Hills homeowners. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in St. Louis Hills, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in St. Louis Hills, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do take emergency calls in the St. Louis Hills area, we always suggest keeping an eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. You might need a new furnace installation in St. Louis Hills, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last approximately 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing theirs every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it won’t last much longer.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair can get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep up with an appropriate thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees below your thermostat setting, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- Loud operation — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning correctly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A well-functioning furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace both heats your house and keeps it at a stable humidity level. If the air is too dry, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your home has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. Louis Hills, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. Louis Hills, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in St. Louis Hills, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s St. Louis Hills, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s best to be well-informed before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to keep in mind when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will start and stop too much, and it will shut off before your whole house is heated. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you’re looking for. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows how much of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of cycles, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, computers, or anything else you intend to get long-term use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s best for your St. Louis Hills, MO home.
Our St. Louis Hills, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in St. Louis Hills, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace technicians in the St. Louis Hills area to choose from. Our expertise and integrity have made us the number one choice for many St. Louis Hills, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
After your furnace installation, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. Louis Hills, MO
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and enjoy each other’s company; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the St. Louis Hills area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in St. Louis Hills, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.