Furnace Installation in Midtown St. Louis, MO
Furnace installation in Midtown St. Louis, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the winter months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Midtown St. Louis area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Midtown St. Louis, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Midtown St. Louis, MO
A lot of the calls we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While SmartHouse does offer 24/7 emergency service in the Midtown St. Louis area, we always suggest monitoring your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Signs that it’s time for a new furnace installation in Midtown St. Louis, MO include:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last about 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it’s time for a new one.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair can get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy furnace should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- Loud operation — You’ve probably gotten used to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice poor air quality, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Midtown St. Louis, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Midtown St. Louis, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in Midtown St. Louis, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Midtown St. Louis, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s still a good idea to know what you’re getting into before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to keep in mind when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is too big, it will cycle too quickly, and it will shut off before your whole house is warm. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed speeds, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can be used to improve air circulation even in the warmer months.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, kitchen knives, or anything else you want to get years of use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your Midtown St. Louis, MO home.
Our Midtown St. Louis, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Midtown St. Louis, MO
There’s a lot of HVAC and furnace technicians that cater to Midtown St. Louis, MO homeowners. Our knowledge and ethics have made us a leading choice for many Midtown St. Louis, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also offer a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
After your furnace installation, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on energy and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Midtown St. Louis, MO
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and enjoy each other’s company; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Midtown St. Louis area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Midtown St. Louis, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.