Furnace Installation in Florissant, MO
Furnace installation in Florissant, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for Florissant homeowners. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that has both integrity and expertise. If you need a new furnace installation in Florissant, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Florissant, MO
A lot of the requests we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do offer around the clock emergency service in the Florissant area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Call a furnace installation expert in Florissant, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is approximately 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement can greatly increase how much you pay per month. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy furnace should be able to keep up with an appropriate thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- Loud operation — You’re probably accustomed to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If some rooms are cold and others warm, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired every few months, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice poor air quality, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Florissant, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has an expiration date and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Florissant, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in Florissant, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Florissant, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s important to read up on the topic before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and it will shut off before your whole house is heated. Too small, and the furnace will always be working without giving you the warmth you’re looking for. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy costs low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows how much of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but typically improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, quality headphones, or anything else you you want to last a long time, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s what your Florissant, MO house needs.
Our Florissant, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Florissant, MO
There’s a lot of HVAC and furnace experts in the Florissant area to choose from. Our knowledge and honesty have made us the “go-to” choice for many Florissant, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Florissant, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Florissant area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Florissant, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.