Furnace Installation in Grover, MO
Furnace installation in Grover, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Grover area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you need a new furnace installation in Grover, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Grover, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While SmartHouse does offer 24/7 emergency service in the Grover area, we always suggest monitoring your furnace so you’re not stuck freezing in your own home. Call a furnace installation expert in Grover, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — Most furnaces last roughly 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair will get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep up with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees away from your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’ve probably gotten used to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working properly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Grover, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Grover, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Grover, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Grover, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s important to know what you’re getting into before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to consider when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — Each home requires a different size furnace. If the furnace is oversized, it will start and stop too much, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what portion of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. While they’re less expensive, you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of just two or three settings, they run in very precise increments to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, cast-iron skillets, or anything else you intend to get consistent use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your Grover, MO home.
Our Grover, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Grover, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace technicians in the Grover area to choose from. Our expertise and integrity have made us the “go-to” choice for many Grover, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also offer a variety of alternative heating options and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on cost and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Grover, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Grover area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Grover, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.