Furnace Installation in Kirkwood, MO
Furnace installation in Kirkwood, MO. There are few things worse for home comfort than the weather getting colder and realizing your heating system isn’t functioning properly. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for Kirkwood homeowners. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you need a new furnace installation in Kirkwood, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Kirkwood, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While SmartHouse does offer around the clock emergency service in the Kirkwood area, we always suggest keeping an eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. You might need a new furnace installation in Kirkwood, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is around 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing one every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace that isn’t working well can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair will return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep up with an appropriate thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A well-functioning furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace both heats your house and keeps it at a stable humidity level. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your house has worsened, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Kirkwood, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Kirkwood, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Kirkwood, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Kirkwood, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s still a good idea to be well-informed before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to consider when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is oversized, it will start and stop too much, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Too small, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces must be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. While they’re less expensive, you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but typically improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer months.
- Manufacturer — As with cars, quality headphones, or anything else you you want to last years, the the manufacturing of a product is essential. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Kirkwood, MO house needs.
Our Kirkwood, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Kirkwood, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace experts in the Kirkwood area to choose from. Our expertise and integrity have made us the number one choice for many Kirkwood, MO homeowners for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
After your furnace installation, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Kirkwood, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the Kirkwood area’s preferred heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Kirkwood, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.