Furnace Installation in Dardenne Prairie, MO
Furnace installation in Dardenne Prairie, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in whole home performance in the Dardenne Prairie area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Dardenne Prairie, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Dardenne Prairie, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer 24/7 emergency service in the Dardenne Prairie area, we always suggest monitoring your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Signs that you need a new furnace installation in Dardenne Prairie, MO include:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last around 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing one every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement can significantly increase how much you pay per month. While furnace repair will get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning furnace should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If your home just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, there is likely something wrong with your furnace.
- Loud operation — You’ve probably gotten used to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your home has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the air quality is still poor after changing filters, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Dardenne Prairie, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Dardenne Prairie, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Dardenne Prairie, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Dardenne Prairie, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to be well-informed before proceeding with a new furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will start and stop too much, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you need. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of just two or three settings, they have dozens of settings to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set speeds, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, baseball gloves, or anything else you you want to last years, the product itself is essential. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Dardenne Prairie, MO house needs.
Our Dardenne Prairie, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Dardenne Prairie, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace technicians in the Dardenne Prairie area to choose from. Our knowledge and integrity have made us the #1 choice for many Dardenne Prairie, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also offer numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Dardenne Prairie, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to be comfortable. By using our nationally certified technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the Dardenne Prairie area’s preferred heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Dardenne Prairie, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.