Furnace Installation in Richmond Heights, MO
Furnace installation in Richmond Heights, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for Richmond Heights homeowners. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is ethical, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Richmond Heights, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Richmond Heights, MO
A lot of the calls we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do take emergency calls in the Richmond Heights area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. Call a furnace installation service in Richmond Heights, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — Most furnaces last approximately 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing one every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’re probably accustomed to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If the air is too dry, your furnace may need replacement.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Richmond Heights, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Richmond Heights, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in Richmond Heights, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Richmond Heights, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s important to know what you’re getting into before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to consider when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — Each home needs a different size furnace. If the furnace is oversized, it will start and stop too much, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you need. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows how much of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. While they’re less expensive, you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they run in very precise increments to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed speeds, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, baseball gloves, or anything else you you want to last years, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s what your Richmond Heights, MO house needs.
Our Richmond Heights, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Richmond Heights, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace experts that advertise to Richmond Heights, MO homeowners. Our expertise and integrity have made us the number one choice for many Richmond Heights, MO residents for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Richmond Heights, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and never compromising our ethics, we’ve become one of the Richmond Heights area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Richmond Heights, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.