Furnace Installation in Sappington, MO
Furnace installation in Sappington, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Sappington area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is ethical, dependable, and done the right way. If you need a new furnace installation in Sappington, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Sappington, MO
A lot of the requests we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer around the clock emergency service in the Sappington area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Call a furnace installation service in Sappington, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is about 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair will get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning furnace should be able to keep up with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A healthy furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired every few months, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A healthy furnace both heats your house and keeps it at a stable humidity level. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the air quality is still poor after changing filters, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Sappington, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Sappington, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Sappington, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Sappington, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s best to be well-informed before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to keep in mind when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will cycle too quickly, and it will shut off before your whole house is warm. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what portion of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces must be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set speeds, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can be used to improve air circulation even in the warmer months.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, computers, or anything else you intend to get years of use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s what your Sappington, MO house needs.
Our Sappington, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Sappington, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace experts that cater to Sappington, MO homeowners. Our expertise and integrity have made us a leading choice for many Sappington, MO residents for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating options and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on bills and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Sappington, MO
Your home needs to be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Sappington area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Sappington, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.