Furnace Installation in Town and Country, MO
Furnace installation in Town and Country, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the winter months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Town and Country area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you need a new furnace installation in Town and Country, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Town and Country, MO
Many the requests we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While SmartHouse does take emergency calls in the Town and Country area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. Call a furnace installation service in Town and Country, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is roughly 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing theirs every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If your home just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, there is likely something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your home has worsened, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Town and Country, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Town and Country, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Town and Country, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Town and Country, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s still a good idea to know what you’re getting into before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is too big, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and it will shut off before your whole house is heated. Too small, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what portion of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set speeds, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, kitchen knives, or anything else you you want to last a long time, the product itself is of utmost importance. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your Town and Country, MO home.
Our Town and Country, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Town and Country, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace experts that market to Town and Country, MO homeowners. Our expertise and honesty have made us a leading choice for many Town and Country, MO residents for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also offer numerous alternative heating options and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on cost and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Town and Country, MO
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our integrity, we’ve become one of the Town and Country area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Town and Country, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.