Furnace Installation in Wildwood, MO
Furnace installation in Wildwood, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the winter months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in whole home performance in the Wildwood area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that has both integrity and expertise. If you need a new furnace installation in Wildwood, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Wildwood, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While SmartHouse does take emergency calls in the Wildwood area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. Call a furnace installation service in Wildwood, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — Most furnaces last around 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it’s time for a new one.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement can significantly increase how much you pay per month. While furnace repair will get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep pace with a realistic thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees below your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- Loud operation — You’re probably accustomed to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t functioning correctly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A well-functioning furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If some rooms are cold and others warm, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Wildwood, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Wildwood, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Wildwood, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Wildwood, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s important to be well-informed before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to keep in mind when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is oversized, it will cycle too quickly, and your house will be unevenly heated. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what percentage of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, quality headphones, or anything else you want to get years of use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s best for your Wildwood, MO home.
Our Wildwood, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Choice For Your Furnace Installation in Wildwood, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace specialists in the Wildwood area to choose from. Our expertise and ethics have made us the number one choice for many Wildwood, MO residents for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also offer numerous alternative heating options and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on cost and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Wildwood, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Wildwood area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Wildwood, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.