Furnace Installation in Ballwin, MO
Furnace installation in Ballwin, MO. There aren’t many things worse for home comfort than the weather getting colder and noticing your heating system isn’t working. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Ballwin area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Ballwin, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Ballwin, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer 24/7 emergency service in the Ballwin area, we always advise monitoring your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. You might need a new furnace installation in Ballwin, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is about 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well can significantly increase how much you pay per month. While furnace repair can get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep up with a realistic thermostat setting. If your home just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If some rooms are cold and others warm, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may need replacement.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Ballwin, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Ballwin, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Ballwin, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Ballwin, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to consider when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and your house will be unevenly heated. Too small, and the furnace will always be working without giving you the warmth you need. The right sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what percentage of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces must be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. While they’re less expensive, you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, quality headphones, or anything else you you want to last a long time, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Ballwin, MO house needs.
Our Ballwin, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Ballwin, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace specialists in the Ballwin area to choose from. Our knowledge and ethics have made us the “go-to” choice for many Ballwin, MO residents for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also offer a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
After your furnace installation, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Ballwin, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to be comfortable. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our integrity, we’ve become one of the Ballwin area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Ballwin, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.