Furnace Installation in Des Peres, MO
Furnace installation in Des Peres, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in whole home performance in the Des Peres area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that has both integrity and expertise. If you need a new furnace installation in Des Peres, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Des Peres, MO
A lot of the requests we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While SmartHouse does take emergency calls in the Des Peres area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. You might need a new furnace installation in Des Peres, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last about 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing theirs every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair can get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep up with a realistic thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’ve probably gotten used to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your home has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Des Peres, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Des Peres, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Des Peres, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Des Peres, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before proceeding with a new furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will start and stop too much, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what percentage of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces must be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. While they’re less expensive, you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of just two or three settings, they run in very precise increments to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed speeds, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, kitchen knives, or anything else you you want to last years, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Des Peres, MO house needs.
Our Des Peres, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Des Peres, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace specialists in the Des Peres area to choose from. Our expertise and integrity have made us the #1 choice for many Des Peres, MO homeowners for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating options and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
After your furnace installation, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Des Peres, MO
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and enjoy each other’s company; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to be comfortable. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and never compromising our ethics, we’ve become one of the Des Peres area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Des Peres, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.