Furnace Installation in St. Ann, MO
Furnace installation in St. Ann, MO. There are few things worse for home comfort than the cold months coming on and noticing your heating system isn’t functioning properly. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the St. Ann area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you need a new furnace installation in St. Ann, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in St. Ann, MO
Many the requests we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer 24-hour emergency service in the St. Ann area, we always advise keeping an eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Signs that you need a new furnace installation in St. Ann, MO include:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last about 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement can greatly increase how much you pay per month. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- Loud operation — You’re probably accustomed to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your home has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice poor air quality, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. Ann, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. Ann, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in St. Ann, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s St. Ann, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s important to read up on the topic before proceeding with a new furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is too big, it will start and stop too much, and it will shut off before your whole house is heated. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without giving you the warmth you’re looking for. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed speeds, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, kitchen knives, or anything else you intend to get long-term use out of, the the manufacturing of a product is of utmost importance. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s what your St. Ann, MO house needs.
Our St. Ann, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. Ann, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace technicians that cater to St. Ann, MO homeowners. Our expertise and integrity have made us the “go-to” choice for many St. Ann, MO residents for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating options and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
After your furnace installation, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on bills and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. Ann, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our integrity, we’ve become one of the St. Ann area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in St. Ann, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.