Furnace Installation in Clayton, MO
Furnace installation in Clayton, MO. There aren’t many things worse for home comfort than the weather getting colder and noticing your heating system is not up to the task. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Clayton area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Clayton, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Clayton, MO
Many the requests we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do take emergency calls in the Clayton area, we always advise keeping an eye on your furnace so you’re not stuck freezing in your own home. Call a furnace installation expert in Clayton, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is approximately 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing theirs every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair can return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep up with an appropriate thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, there is likely something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Clayton, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Clayton, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Clayton, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Clayton, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is too big, it will start and stop too much, and it will shut off before your whole house is heated. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without giving you the warmth you need. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but typically improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even in the warmer months.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, quality headphones, or anything else you you want to last a long time, the product itself is essential. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s best for your Clayton, MO home.
Our Clayton, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Clayton, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace specialists that market to Clayton, MO homeowners. Our expertise and ethics have made us the #1 choice for many Clayton, MO homeowners for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on cost and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Clayton, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Clayton area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Clayton, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.