Furnace Installation in Lemay, MO
Furnace installation in Lemay, MO. There are few things worse for home comfort than the cold months coming on and realizing your heating system is not up to the task. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Lemay area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Lemay, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Lemay, MO
A lot of the calls we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do take emergency calls in the Lemay area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you’re not stuck freezing in your own home. You might need a new furnace installation in Lemay, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is roughly 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing one every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it’s time for a new one.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace that isn’t working well can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair can return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep up with a reasonable thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- Loud operation — You’ve probably gotten used to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A healthy furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If some rooms are cold and others warm, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired every few months, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice poor air quality, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Lemay, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Lemay, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Lemay, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Lemay, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s best to read up on the topic before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to consider when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — Each home requires a different size furnace. If the furnace is oversized, it will cycle too quickly, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you’re looking for. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows how much of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces must be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, baseball gloves, or anything else you you want to last years, the product itself is of utmost importance. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s what your Lemay, MO house needs.
Our Lemay, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Choice For Your Furnace Installation in Lemay, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace technicians in the Lemay area to choose from. Our expertise and ethics have made us the #1 choice for many Lemay, MO homeowners for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
After your furnace installation, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on energy and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Lemay, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and never compromising our ethics, we’ve become one of the Lemay area’s preferred heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Lemay, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.