Furnace Installation in Warson Woods, MO
Furnace installation in Warson Woods, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in whole home performance in the Warson Woods area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Warson Woods, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Warson Woods, MO
Many the requests we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer 24/7 emergency service in the Warson Woods area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Signs that it’s time for a new furnace installation in Warson Woods, MO include:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — Most furnaces last roughly 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it’s time for a new one.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement can significantly increase how much you pay per month. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- Loud operation — You’ve probably gotten used to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t functioning correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired every few months, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Warson Woods, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Warson Woods, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Warson Woods, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Warson Woods, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s best to read up on the topic before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will cycle too quickly, and your house will be unevenly heated. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you’re looking for. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces must be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of cycles, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, quality headphones, or anything else you intend to get consistent use out of, the the manufacturing of a product is essential. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s what your Warson Woods, MO house needs.
Our Warson Woods, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Warson Woods, MO
There’s a lot of HVAC and furnace technicians in the Warson Woods area to choose from. Our expertise and ethics have made us the number one choice for many Warson Woods, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Warson Woods, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to be comfortable. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Warson Woods area’s preferred heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Warson Woods, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.