Furnace Installation in Earth City, MO
Furnace installation in Earth City, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Earth City area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Earth City, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Earth City, MO
A lot of the requests we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer 24-hour emergency service in the Earth City area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. Signs that it’s time for a new furnace installation in Earth City, MO include:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — Most furnaces last about 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it’s time for a new one.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning furnace should be able to keep pace with an appropriate thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired every few months, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your home has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the air quality is still poor after changing filters, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Earth City, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Earth City, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Earth City, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Earth City, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s still a good idea to be well-informed before deciding on a furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will cycle too quickly, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy costs low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces must be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. While they’re less expensive, you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, quality headphones, or anything else you you want to last a long time, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Earth City, MO house needs.
Our Earth City, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Earth City, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace technicians that advertise to Earth City, MO homeowners. Our knowledge and integrity have made us a leading choice for many Earth City, MO homeowners for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
After your furnace installation, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Earth City, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to be comfortable. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the Earth City area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Earth City, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.