Furnace Installation in Maplewood, MO
Furnace installation in Maplewood, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Maplewood area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is ethical, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Maplewood, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Maplewood, MO
Many the calls we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While SmartHouse does offer 24/7 emergency service in the Maplewood area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Call a furnace installation technician in Maplewood, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — Most furnaces last about 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace that isn’t working well can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair will get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, there is likely something wrong with your furnace.
- Loud operation — You’re probably accustomed to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps it at a stable humidity level. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your house has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice poor air quality, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Maplewood, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Maplewood, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Maplewood, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Maplewood, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to read up on the topic before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will start and stop too much, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you need. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of just two or three settings, they have dozens of settings to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can be used to improve air circulation even in the warmer months.
- Manufacturer — As with cars, baseball gloves, or anything else you you want to last a long time, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your Maplewood, MO home.
Our Maplewood, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Maplewood, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace technicians that advertise to Maplewood, MO homeowners. Our knowledge and integrity have made us a leading choice for many Maplewood, MO homeowners for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating options and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
After your furnace installation, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Maplewood, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Maplewood area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Maplewood, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.