Furnace Installation in Lake St. Louis, MO
Furnace installation in Lake St. Louis, MO. There are few things worse for home comfort than the cold months coming on and realizing your heating system isn’t functioning properly. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Lake St. Louis area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you need a new furnace installation in Lake St. Louis, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Lake St. Louis, MO
A lot of the calls we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer 24/7 emergency service in the Lake St. Louis area, we always recommend keeping an eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Signs that it’s time for a new furnace installation in Lake St. Louis, MO include:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is about 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep up with a realistic thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees below your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A well-functioning furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice poor air quality, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Lake St. Louis, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Lake St. Louis, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Lake St. Louis, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Lake St. Louis, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s best to read up on the topic before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is oversized, it will start and stop too much, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Too small, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will keep energy costs low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed speeds, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, cell phones, or anything else you you want to last years, the product itself is of utmost importance. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your Lake St. Louis, MO home.
Our Lake St. Louis, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Lake St. Louis, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace specialists that cater to Lake St. Louis, MO homeowners. Our knowledge and honesty have made us the “go-to” choice for many Lake St. Louis, MO residents for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also offer numerous alternative heating options and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on cost and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Lake St. Louis, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to be comfortable. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our integrity, we’ve become one of the Lake St. Louis area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Lake St. Louis, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.