Furnace Installation in Wydown-Skinker, MO
Furnace installation in Wydown-Skinker, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the winter months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for Wydown-Skinker homeowners. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Wydown-Skinker, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Wydown-Skinker, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do take emergency calls in the Wydown-Skinker area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you’re not stuck freezing in your own home. Call a furnace installation technician in Wydown-Skinker, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last approximately 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair can get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy furnace should be able to keep up with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- Loud operation — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning correctly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A well-functioning furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the air quality is still poor after changing filters, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Wydown-Skinker, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Wydown-Skinker, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Wydown-Skinker, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Wydown-Skinker, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s important to be well-informed before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to consider when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is too big, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and your house will be unevenly heated. Too small, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what percentage of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. While they’re less expensive, you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, cast-iron skillets, or anything else you want to get years of use out of, the product itself is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s what your Wydown-Skinker, MO house needs.
Our Wydown-Skinker, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Wydown-Skinker, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace experts that advertise to Wydown-Skinker, MO homeowners. Our expertise and honesty have made us the “go-to” choice for many Wydown-Skinker, MO residents for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
After your furnace installation, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on energy and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Wydown-Skinker, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to be comfortable. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Wydown-Skinker area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Wydown-Skinker, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.