Furnace Installation in Clarkson Valley, MO
Furnace installation in Clarkson Valley, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Clarkson Valley area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Clarkson Valley, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Clarkson Valley, MO
A lot of the requests we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer 24/7 emergency service in the Clarkson Valley area, we always suggest monitoring your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. You might need a new furnace installation in Clarkson Valley, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is approximately 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing one every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair will return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy furnace should be able to keep up with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees below your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t functioning correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A healthy furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your house has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If the air quality is still poor after changing filters, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Clarkson Valley, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Clarkson Valley, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in Clarkson Valley, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Clarkson Valley, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s still a good idea to read up on the topic before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will cycle too quickly, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Too small, and the furnace will always be working without giving you the warmth you’re looking for. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what percentage of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but typically improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, cell phones, or anything else you you want to last a long time, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Clarkson Valley, MO house needs.
Our Clarkson Valley, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Clarkson Valley, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace specialists that market to Clarkson Valley, MO homeowners. Our knowledge and integrity have made us the #1 choice for many Clarkson Valley, MO residents for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
After your furnace installation, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Clarkson Valley, MO
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to be comfortable. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the Clarkson Valley area’s preferred heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Clarkson Valley, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.