Furnace Installation in University City, MO
Furnace installation in University City, MO. There are few things worse for home comfort than the weather getting colder and realizing your heating system isn’t functioning properly. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for University City homeowners. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is ethical, dependable, and done the right way. If you need a new furnace installation in University City, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in University City, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do offer 24-hour emergency service in the University City area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Call a furnace installation expert in University City, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last about 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep up with a realistic thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’re probably accustomed to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your house has worsened, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from University City, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from University City, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in University City, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s University City, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will cycle too quickly, and your house will be unevenly heated. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what portion of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces must be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of cycles, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer months.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, cell phones, or anything else you you want to last years, the product itself is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your University City, MO house needs.
Our University City, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in University City, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace experts that advertise to University City, MO homeowners. Our knowledge and honesty have made us a leading choice for many University City, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating options and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
After your furnace installation, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on bills and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in University City, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to be comfortable. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the University City area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in University City, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.