Furnace Installation in Velda Village Hills, MO
Furnace installation in Velda Village Hills, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in whole home performance in the Velda Village Hills area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Velda Village Hills, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Velda Village Hills, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While SmartHouse does offer around the clock emergency service in the Velda Village Hills area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. You might need a new furnace installation in Velda Village Hills, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is around 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair will get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy furnace should be able to keep pace with an appropriate thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A well-functioning furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired every few months, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your home has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Velda Village Hills, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Velda Village Hills, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Velda Village Hills, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Velda Village Hills, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before deciding on a furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is too big, it will cycle too quickly, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy costs low and last longer.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows how much of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces must be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of just two or three settings, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, baseball gloves, or anything else you want to get years of use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Velda Village Hills, MO house needs.
Our Velda Village Hills, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Velda Village Hills, MO
There’s a lot of HVAC and furnace specialists that cater to Velda Village Hills, MO homeowners. Our expertise and integrity have made us a leading choice for many Velda Village Hills, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating options and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
After your furnace installation, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Velda Village Hills, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to be comfortable. By using our nationally certified technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Velda Village Hills area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Velda Village Hills, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.