Furnace Installation in Maryland Heights, MO
Furnace installation in Maryland Heights, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the winter months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for Maryland Heights homeowners. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Maryland Heights, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Maryland Heights, MO
Many the requests we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do take emergency calls in the Maryland Heights area, we always advise keeping an eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Signs that it’s time for a new furnace installation in Maryland Heights, MO include:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last roughly 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it’s time for a new one.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep pace with a realistic thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees below your thermostat setting, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If the air quality is still poor after changing filters, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Maryland Heights, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Maryland Heights, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Maryland Heights, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is only necessary once every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Maryland Heights, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s still a good idea to know what you’re getting into before proceeding with a new furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will cycle too quickly, and your house will be unevenly heated. Too small, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what portion of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of cycles, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, quality headphones, or anything else you intend to get years of use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your Maryland Heights, MO home.
Our Maryland Heights, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Choice For Your Furnace Installation in Maryland Heights, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace experts that market to Maryland Heights, MO homeowners. Our expertise and integrity have made us the number one choice for many Maryland Heights, MO residents for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on bills and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Maryland Heights, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to be comfortable. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the Maryland Heights area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Maryland Heights, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.