Furnace Installation in Ellisville, MO
Furnace installation in Ellisville, MO. There aren’t many things worse for home comfort than the weather getting colder and noticing your heating system is not up to the task. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in whole home performance in the Ellisville area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Ellisville, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Ellisville, MO
A lot of the requests we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do take emergency calls in the Ellisville area, we always recommend keeping an eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. Signs that it’s time for a new furnace installation in Ellisville, MO include:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is about 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep pace with a realistic thermostat setting. If your home just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, there is likely something wrong with your furnace.
- Loud operation — You’re probably accustomed to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If the air quality is still poor after changing filters, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Ellisville, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Ellisville, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in Ellisville, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Ellisville, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s important to know what you’re getting into before proceeding with a new furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and your house will be unevenly heated. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without giving you the warmth you need. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows how much of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, quality headphones, or anything else you you want to last years, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s what your Ellisville, MO house needs.
Our Ellisville, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Ellisville, MO
There’s a lot of HVAC and furnace specialists in the Ellisville area to choose from. Our expertise and ethics have made us the “go-to” choice for many Ellisville, MO homeowners for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also offer numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on cost and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Ellisville, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Ellisville area’s preferred heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Ellisville, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.