Furnace Installation in Weldon Spring, MO
Furnace installation in Weldon Spring, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the winter months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Weldon Spring area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Weldon Spring, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Weldon Spring, MO
Many the calls we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While SmartHouse does offer around the clock emergency service in the Weldon Spring area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you’re not stuck freezing in your own home. Call a furnace installation technician in Weldon Spring, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is about 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing theirs every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair will get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning furnace should be able to keep up with a reasonable thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- Loud operation — You’ve probably gotten used to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace both heats your house and keeps it at a stable humidity level. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Weldon Spring, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Weldon Spring, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in Weldon Spring, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Weldon Spring, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s important to read up on the topic before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will cycle too quickly, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you need. The right sized furnace will keep energy costs low and last longer.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what portion of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with cars, computers, or anything else you you want to last a long time, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s what your Weldon Spring, MO house needs.
Our Weldon Spring, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Weldon Spring, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace technicians that market to Weldon Spring, MO homeowners. Our expertise and honesty have made us a leading choice for many Weldon Spring, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating options and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
After your furnace installation, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Weldon Spring, MO
Your home needs to be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to be comfortable. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Weldon Spring area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Weldon Spring, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.