Furnace Installation in Sunset Hills, MO
Furnace installation in Sunset Hills, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the winter months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in whole home performance in the Sunset Hills area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you need a new furnace installation in Sunset Hills, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Sunset Hills, MO
Many the requests we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While SmartHouse does offer 24/7 emergency service in the Sunset Hills area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Call a furnace installation technician in Sunset Hills, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — Most furnaces last about 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair will get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep pace with a realistic thermostat setting. If your home just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- Loud operation — You’re probably accustomed to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps it at a stable humidity level. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your home has worsened, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Sunset Hills, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Sunset Hills, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Sunset Hills, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Sunset Hills, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s still a good idea to read up on the topic before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to keep in mind when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is too big, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and it will shut off before your whole house is warm. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you’re looking for. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. While they’re less expensive, you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and are more efficient. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — As with cars, cast-iron skillets, or anything else you you want to last a long time, the product itself is essential. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s what your Sunset Hills, MO house needs.
Our Sunset Hills, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Sunset Hills, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace technicians that advertise to Sunset Hills, MO homeowners. Our expertise and ethics have made us a leading choice for many Sunset Hills, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
After your furnace installation, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Sunset Hills, MO
Your home needs to be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the Sunset Hills area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Sunset Hills, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.