Furnace Installation in Glendale, MO
Furnace installation in Glendale, MO. There are few things worse for home comfort than the weather getting colder and noticing your heating system isn’t working. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Glendale area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Glendale, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Glendale, MO
Many the calls we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer 24-hour emergency service in the Glendale area, we always advise keeping an eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Signs that it’s time for a new furnace installation in Glendale, MO include:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is around 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, it’s time for a new one.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair will return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep up with a realistic thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees below your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may need replacement.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice poor air quality, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Glendale, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Glendale, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Glendale, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Glendale, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to read up on the topic before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to consider when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is too big, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you need. The right sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and are more efficient. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed speeds, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with cars, cell phones, or anything else you you want to last a long time, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Glendale, MO house needs.
Our Glendale, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Glendale, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace specialists that market to Glendale, MO homeowners. Our expertise and honesty have made us the number one choice for many Glendale, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Glendale, MO
Your home needs to be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and never compromising our ethics, we’ve become one of the Glendale area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Glendale, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.