Furnace Installation in St. Charles, MO
Furnace installation in St. Charles, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for St. Charles homeowners. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in St. Charles, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in St. Charles, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer around the clock emergency service in the St. Charles area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you’re not stuck freezing in your own home. You might need a new furnace installation in St. Charles, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is approximately 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing one every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace that isn’t working well can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep up with an appropriate thermostat setting. If your home just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’ve probably gotten used to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired every few months, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A healthy furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice poor air quality, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. Charles, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. Charles, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in St. Charles, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s St. Charles, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to keep in mind when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will start and stop too much, and your house will be unevenly heated. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces must be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they run in very precise increments to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, computers, or anything else you you want to last a long time, the product itself is of utmost importance. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your St. Charles, MO home.
Our St. Charles, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. Charles, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace experts that cater to St. Charles, MO homeowners. Our expertise and ethics have made us a leading choice for many St. Charles, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also offer numerous alternative heating options and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. Charles, MO
Your home needs to be a place to gather, eat, sleep and enjoy each other’s company; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our integrity, we’ve become one of the St. Charles area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in St. Charles, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.