Furnace Installation in St. Peters, MO
Furnace installation in St. Peters, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for St. Peters homeowners. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is ethical, dependable, and done the right way. If you need a new furnace installation in St. Peters, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in St. Peters, MO
A lot of the requests we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do take emergency calls in the St. Peters area, we always advise monitoring your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. Call a furnace installation expert in St. Peters, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — Most furnaces last roughly 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing one every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well can greatly increase how much you pay per month. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning furnace should be able to keep up with an appropriate thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees away from your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’ve probably gotten used to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps it at a stable humidity level. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. Peters, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. Peters, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Furnace Installation Considerations in St. Peters, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s St. Peters, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s still a good idea to be well-informed before deciding on a furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is oversized, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and it will shut off before your whole house is heated. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces must be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but typically improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed speeds, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with cars, computers, or anything else you intend to get years of use out of, the the manufacturing of a product is of utmost importance. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your St. Peters, MO home.
Our St. Peters, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. Peters, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace experts in the St. Peters area to choose from. Our expertise and integrity have made us the #1 choice for many St. Peters, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. Peters, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the St. Peters area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in St. Peters, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.