Furnace Installation in Charlack, MO
Furnace installation in Charlack, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the winter months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Charlack area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Charlack, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Charlack, MO
A lot of the calls we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While SmartHouse does offer 24-hour emergency service in the Charlack area, we always suggest keeping an eye on your furnace so you’re not stuck freezing in your own home. Call a furnace installation service in Charlack, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is approximately 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing one every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement can greatly increase how much you pay per month. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep pace with an appropriate thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’re probably accustomed to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t functioning correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If some rooms are cold and others warm, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If the air is too dry, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Charlack, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Charlack, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Charlack, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Charlack, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to be well-informed before deciding on a furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will start and stop too much, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you need. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of just two or three settings, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer months.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, cell phones, or anything else you want to get years of use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s best for your Charlack, MO home.
Our Charlack, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Charlack, MO
There’s a lot of HVAC and furnace experts in the Charlack area to choose from. Our knowledge and ethics have made us a leading choice for many Charlack, MO homeowners for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating options and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on energy and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Charlack, MO
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to be comfortable. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our integrity, we’ve become one of the Charlack area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Charlack, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.