Furnace Installation in Rock Hill, MO
Furnace installation in Rock Hill, MO. There are few things worse for home comfort than the weather getting colder and realizing your heating system isn’t functioning properly. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Rock Hill area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Rock Hill, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Rock Hill, MO
Many the requests we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While SmartHouse does offer 24-hour emergency service in the Rock Hill area, we always advise keeping an eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. Signs that it’s time for a new furnace installation in Rock Hill, MO include:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is roughly 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy heating system should be able to keep pace with an appropriate thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees below your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’re probably accustomed to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Rock Hill, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Rock Hill, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Rock Hill, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is only necessary once every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Rock Hill, MO furnace technicians pride themselves on their knowledge and honesty, it’s still a good idea to be well-informed before proceeding with a new furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. A properly-sized furnace will keep energy costs low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows how much of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces are required to be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but typically improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with cars, cell phones, or anything else you you want to last a long time, the product itself is of utmost importance. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s what your Rock Hill, MO house needs.
Our Rock Hill, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Rock Hill, MO
There’s a lot of HVAC and furnace technicians in the Rock Hill area to choose from. Our expertise and ethics have made us the number one choice for many Rock Hill, MO residents for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can take advantage of our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Rock Hill, MO
Your home needs to be a place to gather, eat, sleep and enjoy each other’s company; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to be comfortable. By using our nationally certified technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and never compromising our ethics, we’ve become one of the Rock Hill area’s preferred heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Rock Hill, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.