Furnace Installation in Eureka, MO
Furnace installation in Eureka, MO. There are few things worse for home comfort than the weather getting colder and noticing your heating system is not up to the task. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Eureka area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Eureka, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Eureka, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer around the clock emergency service in the Eureka area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. Call a furnace installation technician in Eureka, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is roughly 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing theirs every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it’s time for a new one.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy furnace should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Eureka, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Eureka, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Eureka, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is only necessary once every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Eureka, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s important to be well-informed before proceeding with a new furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is too big, it will constantly be stopping and starting, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, cell phones, or anything else you you want to last a long time, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s best for your Eureka, MO home.
Our Eureka, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Choice For Your Furnace Installation in Eureka, MO
There’s a lot of HVAC and furnace experts in the Eureka area to choose from. Our knowledge and honesty have made us the “go-to” choice for many Eureka, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also specialize in a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder seasons, including:
After your furnace installation, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on energy and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Eureka, MO
Your home should be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our integrity, we’ve become one of the Eureka area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Eureka, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.