Furnace Installation in Cottleville, MO
Furnace installation in Cottleville, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the winter months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for Cottleville homeowners. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that has both integrity and expertise. If you need a new furnace installation in Cottleville, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Cottleville, MO
Many the calls we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do offer 24-hour emergency service in the Cottleville area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. Signs that it’s time for a new furnace installation in Cottleville, MO include:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is about 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair can get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning furnace should be able to keep pace with a realistic thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, there is likely something wrong with your furnace.
- Loud operation — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired every few months, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may need replacement.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Cottleville, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Cottleville, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Cottleville, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Cottleville, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s still a good idea to read up on the topic before deciding on a furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will start and stop too much, and your house will be unevenly heated. Too small, and the furnace will always be working without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what percentage of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces must be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and removing cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, quality headphones, or anything else you want to get consistent use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your Cottleville, MO home.
Our Cottleville, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Cottleville, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace experts in the Cottleville area to choose from. Our knowledge and ethics have made us the “go-to” choice for many Cottleville, MO residents for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also offer a variety of alternative heating solutions and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
After your furnace installation, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Cottleville, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our integrity, we’ve become one of the Cottleville area’s preferred heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Cottleville, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.