Furnace Installation in St. John, MO
Furnace installation in St. John, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family comfortable during the winter months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for St. John homeowners. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in St. John, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in St. John, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do offer around the clock emergency service in the St. John area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. You might need a new furnace installation in St. John, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is roughly 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing theirs every 15 years. Once your furnace starts closing in on two decades, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair can return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If your home just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, there is likely something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly throughout your home. If some rooms are cold and others warm, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your home has decreased, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. John, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from St. John, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in St. John, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every two decades. While SmartHouse’s St. John, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before proceeding with a new furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — Each home needs a different size furnace. If the furnace is oversized, it will cycle too quickly, and your house will be unevenly heated. Too small, and the furnace will always be working without giving you the warmth you’re looking for. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace runs on full power until it shuts off. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three settings: circulation, blasting hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set speeds, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, computers, or anything else you want to get consistent use out of, the the manufacturing of a product is essential. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your St. John, MO home.
Our St. John, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. John, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace technicians in the St. John area to choose from. Our knowledge and honesty have made us the #1 choice for many St. John, MO homeowners for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
After your furnace installation, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on cost and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in St. John, MO
Your home needs to be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the St. John area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in St. John, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.