Furnace Installation in Woodson Terrace, MO
Furnace installation in Woodson Terrace, MO. There aren’t many things worse for home comfort than the cold months coming on and realizing your heating system isn’t working. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in all things related to home comfort in the Woodson Terrace area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Woodson Terrace, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Woodson Terrace, MO
Many the calls we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While we do take emergency calls in the Woodson Terrace area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you’re not stuck freezing in your own home. Call a furnace installation technician in Woodson Terrace, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The life expectancy of a furnace is approximately 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing one every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it won’t last much longer.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair can return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep pace with a realistic thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees below your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A healthy furnace will spread heat evenly in every room of your home. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing that the air quality inside your home has worsened, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Woodson Terrace, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Woodson Terrace, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in Woodson Terrace, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Woodson Terrace, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to be well-informed before deciding on a furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is oversized, it will cycle too quickly, and it will shut off before your whole house is warm. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you need. The right sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what percentage of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your energy bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you will typically get a quick blast of comfort followed by more cold.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of cycles, they run in very precise increments to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set speeds, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer months.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, baseball gloves, or anything else you want to get consistent use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Woodson Terrace, MO house needs.
Our Woodson Terrace, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
Why Choose SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Woodson Terrace, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace experts that market to Woodson Terrace, MO homeowners. Our expertise and integrity have made us the “go-to” choice for many Woodson Terrace, MO residents for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also offer a variety of alternative heating options and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
After your furnace installation, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Woodson Terrace, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and never compromising our ethics, we’ve become one of the Woodson Terrace area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Woodson Terrace, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.