Furnace Installation in Ladue, MO
Furnace installation in Ladue, MO. There aren’t many things worse for home comfort than the cold months coming on and noticing your heating system isn’t functioning properly. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Ladue area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that is ethical, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Ladue, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Ladue, MO
A lot of the calls we get for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While SmartHouse does take emergency calls in the Ladue area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you can address heating problems before they arise. You might need a new furnace installation in Ladue, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last approximately 18 years, and Energy Star recommends replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace in need of replacement can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy furnace should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If your home just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t functioning correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may be to blame.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Ladue, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Ladue, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace has an expiration date and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Ladue, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Ladue, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s important to be well-informed before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to keep in mind when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — Each home requires a different size furnace. If the furnace is oversized, it will cycle too quickly, and your house will be unevenly heated. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what percentage of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but typically improve your comfort and are more efficient. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three kinds of motors:
- A standard motor is in most furnaces. They have three speeds: circulation, blasting hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set speeds, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, baseball gloves, or anything else you want to get years of use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your Ladue, MO home.
Our Ladue, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Choice For Your Furnace Installation in Ladue, MO
There’s a lot of HVAC and furnace experts that advertise to Ladue, MO homeowners. Our expertise and integrity have made us a leading choice for many Ladue, MO residents for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also offer numerous alternative heating solutions and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Ladue, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to be comfortable. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Ladue area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Ladue, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.