Furnace Installation in Mehlville, MO
Furnace installation in Mehlville, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company in the Mehlville area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Mehlville, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Mehlville, MO
A lot of the calls we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when the weather’s already cold. While SmartHouse does take emergency calls in the Mehlville area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. Call a furnace installation service in Mehlville, MO if:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old — The shelf life of a furnace is around 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing one every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it’s time for a new one.
- Your energy bill is surging — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair can get back some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace won’t last for more than a couple more years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A healthy furnace should be able to keep pace with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- Loud operation — You’ve probably gotten used to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear strange noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, your furnace isn’t working at its peak performance.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace both heats your house and keeps the air from being too dry. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may need replacement.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Mehlville, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can increase your furnace’s lifespan. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Mehlville, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Furnace Installation Considerations in Mehlville, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every two decades. While SmartHouse’s Mehlville, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s important to read up on the topic before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to keep in mind when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — The size of your furnace will depend on your specific home. If the furnace is oversized, it will start and stop too much, and your house will be unevenly heated. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — All furnaces have a Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what percentage of energy the furnace uses to heat your home. All new furnaces are required to be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage means that the furnace only has one power mode: full power. This furnace is typically cheaper, but you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and are more efficient. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces run continuously and are best at keeping uniform temperature throughout your house. Instead of just two or three settings, they run in very precise increments to micro-manage the temperature of your home.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have pre-programmed speeds, and use more or less power depending on what is needed.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, cast-iron skillets, or anything else you intend to get long-term use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Mehlville, MO house needs.
Our Mehlville, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Mehlville, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace specialists that cater to Mehlville, MO homeowners. Our knowledge and honesty have made us the number one choice for many Mehlville, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating options and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Mehlville, MO
Your home needs to be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to stay warm. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and never compromising our integrity, we’ve become one of the Mehlville area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether your furnace is making noises, your home is heated unevenly, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Mehlville, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.