Furnace Installation in Shrewsbury, MO
Furnace installation in Shrewsbury, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling is a leading heating services company for Shrewsbury homeowners. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that is ethical, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Shrewsbury, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule your service online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Shrewsbury, MO
Many of our furnace replacement call us during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do take emergency calls in the Shrewsbury area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you’re not stuck freezing in your own home. Call a furnace installation expert in Shrewsbury, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last about 18 years, and Energy Star advises replacing a furnace every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace in need of replacement is a common culprit. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills is a sure sign that your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning furnace should be able to keep up with a reasonable thermostat setting. If the temperature just can’t get up to where you put the thermostat, there is probably something wrong with your furnace.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’ve probably gotten used to the low hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working properly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself paying a lot for simple repairs, it may be time to just invest in a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A well-functioning furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If your home isn’t humid enough, your furnace may need replacement.
- Your air quality has worsened — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If the dust doesn’t go away after changing filters, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Professional maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Shrewsbury, MO heating experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Shrewsbury, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Furnace Installation in Shrewsbury, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Shrewsbury, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s still a good idea to know what you’re getting into before deciding on a furnace installation. Some of the things to think about when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is oversized, it will cycle too quickly, and your house will be unevenly heated. Too small, and the furnace will run constantly without ever really heating your home. The right sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Furnaces are measured with Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA shows what portion of energy the furnace can convert into heat for your home. All new furnaces must be at a minimum of 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. The more efficient your furnace, the lower your gas bill.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Typically, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set speeds, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can stay on to help air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — As with vehicles, cast-iron skillets, or anything else you you want to last years, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred products are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s best for your Shrewsbury, MO home.
Our Shrewsbury, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Shrewsbury, MO
There are numerous HVAC and furnace technicians in the Shrewsbury area to choose from. Our expertise and integrity have made us a leading choice for many Shrewsbury, MO homeowners for all of their home performance needs. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also specialize in numerous alternative heating options and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on bills and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Shrewsbury, MO
Your home needs to be a place to gather, eat, sleep and commune; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to stay warm. By using our nationally certified technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and never compromising our ethics, we’ve become one of the Shrewsbury area’s favorite heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is too old, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Shrewsbury, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or tell us about your needs online.