Furnace Installation in Affton, MO
Furnace installation in Affton, MO. A functional home heating system is essential to keeping you and your family warm during the colder months. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in whole home performance in the Affton area. We are dedicated to helping homeowners increase their energy efficiency, and offer service that has both integrity and expertise. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Affton, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.
Signs That You Need a New Furnace in Affton, MO
Many the calls we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While SmartHouse does offer 24/7 emergency service in the Affton area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so you’re not stuck freezing in your own home. Signs that you need a new furnace installation in Affton, MO include:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last roughly 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing theirs every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, you’ll need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- You’re paying more for energy — A lot goes into how much you pay for energy, and a furnace that isn’t working well can make your bills skyrocket. While furnace repair will return some of your unit’s efficiency, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- Your home isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep pace with a realistic thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- Loud operation — It’s normal for a furnace to make some noise, but it shouldn’t be loud or distracting. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, it’s usually a sign that the furnace isn’t working properly.
- The temperature is not even throughout your home — A well-functioning furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If some rooms are cold and others warm, something about your furnace is off.
- You’ve made several recent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, your money may be better spent on a new furnace.
- You’re having humidity problems — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may be to blame.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t doing a good enough job removing those particles. If the air quality is still poor after changing filters, the furnace likely needs to be replaced.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Affton, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Affton, MO heating technicians like those at SmartHouse can extend the life of your furnace. However, every furnace needs to be replaced with a new furnace installation eventually.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Affton, MO
Unless the unexpected happens, a furnace installation is only necessary once every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Affton, MO furnace technicians can assist you with picking a new furnace, it’s best to read up on the topic before proceeding with a new furnace installation. You’ll want to choose your new furnace based on:
- Size — Each home needs a different size furnace. If the furnace is too big, it will start and stop too much, and heat your house quickly but unevenly. Undersized, and the furnace will always be working without giving you the warmth you need. The right sized furnace will keep energy bills low and last longer.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces must be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy is unused. The most efficient furnaces available are 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three kinds of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you may have difficulty heating the entire house.
- Two-stage furnaces are more expensive upfront, but generally improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. With full and low power settings, the heating cycle is slower and longer, and heat is evenly disbursed throughout the house.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of running, shutting off, and running again, they have dozens of settings to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — Furnaces come with one of three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what you’re using to heat your home now. They have three settings: circulation, moving hot air, and moving cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and use more or less power depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors have even more speeds and efficiency, and can be used to improve air circulation even in the warmer seasons.
- Manufacturer — Just like with cars, cell phones, or anything else you want to get consistent use out of, a high-quality product is essential. Our preferred manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help find the furnace installation that’s what your Affton, MO house needs.
Our Affton, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Choice For Your Furnace Installation in Affton, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace specialists that advertise to Affton, MO homeowners. Our knowledge and ethics have made us the “go-to” choice for many Affton, MO residents for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons people love working with SmartHouse are:
We also offer a variety of alternative heating options and other ways to help boost your home heating, including:
Once your new furnace is installed, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to continue saving on bills and keeping your furnace running at peak efficiency.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Affton, MO
Your home should be a a comfortable place; you shouldn’t have to shiver under the covers just trying to be comfortable. By using only expert technicians, keeping up-to-date on all the latest technologies, and staying true to our integrity, we’ve become one of the Affton area’s preferred heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is standing by to answer your call. For furnace installation in Affton, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.