Furnace Installation in Overland, MO
Furnace installation in Overland, MO. There aren’t many things worse for home comfort than the weather getting colder and realizing your heating system isn’t working. SmartHouse Heating and Cooling specializes in whole home performance in the Overland area. We we founded our business to give people heating and cooling service that is honest, dependable, and done the right way. If you’re looking for a new furnace installation in Overland, MO, call SmartHouse today at 314-648-3162, send us a message at 314-310-2242, or schedule an appointment online.
How to Know When You Need a New Furnace in Overland, MO
A lot of the requests we receive for furnace replacement come during an emergency when someone’s already wrapped under several blankets. While we do take emergency calls in the Overland area, it’s best to keep on eye on your furnace so your home is prepared before the cold weather comes. You might need a new furnace installation in Overland, MO if:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old — Most furnaces last about 18 years, and Energy Star suggests replacing one every 15 years. Once a furnace is 15 years old, it’s time for a new one.
- Your energy bill is higher — A lot can contribute to higher energy bills, and a furnace that isn’t working well is a common culprit. While furnace repair can lower the cost somewhat, higher bills usually mean your furnace will need to be replaced in the next two or three years.
- The temperature isn’t keeping up with your thermostat — A functioning heating system should be able to keep pace with an appropriate thermostat setting. If your home is more than two degrees off your thermostat setting, a malfunctioning furnace is likely to blame.
- You hear strange noises from your furnace — You’re probably accustomed to the soft hum of your furnace when you’re around it. If you hear other noises, like grinding, rattling, popping, or clicking, something inside the furnace isn’t working correctly.
- Rooms are unevenly heated — A healthy furnace should be able to heat the whole house equally. If different rooms are at different temperatures, something about your furnace is off.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs — If you find yourself calling to get your unit repaired once or twice a season, it’s probably a good idea to just get a new furnace.
- The humidity in your home is off — A healthy furnace will prevent your house from being too dry in the winter. If the air is too dry, your furnace may need replacement.
- You have poor indoor air quality — If you’re noticing more dust or other particles in your home, it may mean your furnace isn’t filtering out particles as it should. If you change the filter and still notice more dust, you’ll need a new furnace to filter the air properly.
Regular maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Overland, MO furnace experts like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your current furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and one day you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Consistent maintenance and furnace tune-ups from Overland, MO furnace technicians like those at SmartHouse can help get the most out of your existing furnace. However, every furnace has a lifespan and eventually you will have to invest in a new furnace installation.
Things to Consider For a Furnace Installation in Overland, MO
Hopefully, a furnace installation is something you’ll only have to deal with every 15 to 20 years. While SmartHouse’s Overland, MO furnace technicians will be able to answer any of your questions, it’s best to know what you’re getting into before proceeding with a new furnace installation. Some of the things to keep in mind when looking for a furnace include:
- Size — A furnace needs to be appropriately sized for your home. If the furnace is too big, it will start and stop too much, and it will shut off before your whole house is heated. Undersized, and the furnace will run constantly without giving you the warmth you’re looking for. A properly-sized furnace will avoid both hurting your energy efficiency and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Efficiency — Efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The AFUA measures the heat output and energy put into your furnace. All new furnaces must be at least 80%, meaning 20% of the energy escapes to the rest of your house. The highest efficiency rating available is 95%. More efficient furnaces lead to lower bills.
- Single-Stage vs. Two-Stage vs. Modulating — Generally, there are three types of furnaces:
- Single-stage furnaces have two settings: off and full-power. While they’re less expensive, you will probably end up with uneven hit throughout your home.
- Two-stage furnaces cost more, but typically improve your comfort and lead to lower energy bills. They have both full power and low power settings.
- Modulating furnaces maintain a consistent temperature throughout your home the best. Instead of just two or three settings, they run in very precise increments to keep your home at your desired temperature.
- Motor — There are also three types of motors:
- A standard motor is probably what is in your existing furnace. They have three speeds: circulation, moving hot air, and eliminating cold air.
- High-efficiency motors do not have set settings, and adjust how much energy they’re using depending on your desired temperature.
- Variable speed motors run at a range of speeds, and can be used to improve air circulation even when the furnace is not turned on.
- Manufacturer — Just like with vehicles, cast-iron skillets, or anything else you want to get years of use out of, the the manufacturing of a product is of utmost importance. Our preferred furnace manufacturers are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Carrier, but we can help pair you with the furnace installation that’s best for your Overland, MO home.
Our Overland, MO heating experts at SmartHouse will help walk you through your furnace installation options and choose what’s best for your home and your family’s comfort.
What Makes SmartHouse the Smart Call For Your Furnace Installation in Overland, MO
There’s no shortage of HVAC and furnace technicians that cater to Overland, MO homeowners. Our expertise and integrity have made us the number one choice for many Overland, MO homeowners for anything related to their home energy performance. Some of the reasons SmartHouse is the “smart choice” for your furnace installation are:
We also offer numerous alternative heating options and other ways to improve your comfort in the colder months, including:
After your furnace installation, you can sign up for our annual service plans and maintenance packages to ensure your home is ready to handle all four seasons.
Make the Smart Call to SmartHouse For Your Furnace Installation in Overland, MO
Your home needs to be a place to gather, eat, sleep and enjoy each other’s company; you shouldn’t have to shiver in a sweater just trying to be comfortable. By using only expert technicians, staying on top of all the latest technologies, and staying true to our ethics, we’ve become one of the Overland area’s leading heating and cooling companies. Whether you’re hearing strange noises, some rooms or colder than others, or just think your furnace is coming close to its expiration date, SmartHouse is here to serve you. For furnace installation in Overland, MO, call us at 314-648-3162, text us at 314-310-2242, or contact us online.